For families, the beginning of the school year can be chaotic at best. You’re balancing work, homework, and projects—and let’s not forget about all the extracurricular activities. You may all feel like you’ve been running a bit ragged and are in need of some rest and relaxation. Before the holidays hit, let EZ Rent A Van of San Diego help you schedule a fall getaway.
San Diego is filled with fun and interesting things for families to do right here in the city or just a few hours away. If you’re wanting to stay close to home but still take a break from the norm, consider some of these local attractions:
- Check out the wildlife at the San Diego Zoo.
- Explore a historic aircraft carrier, the USS Midway, and its accompanying museum.
- Spend a day exploring and having fun in Balboa Park and Gardens.
- See aquatic creatures firsthand at the Birch Aquarium.
- Relax and soak in the sun at La Jolla Cove.
If you’re wanting to take a day trip or a few days away, you can also consider these nearby vacation ideas:
- Spend the day hiking, mountain biking, or exploring indigenous plants and wildlife at Daley Ranch, just outside Escondido.
- If you’re feeling spontaneous, take a drive up the coast, looking for local shops, restaurants, and attractions that interest you.
- Enjoy outdoor recreation and adventure at Palomar Mountain State Park.
- Find geocaching locations along the coast, and turn it into a family scavenger hunt.
- And more.
You can find numerous things to do in and just outside the San Diego area. For all your getaway plans, be sure to contact EZ Rent A Van for your van rental needs. Our fleet includes minivans, passenger vans, and more—perfect for any size family or budget. Check out our current rental specials, and call us at (760) 846-6223 to find out more or to make a reservation.